Thursday, October 9, 2008

Readjusting

After attending a joyous event where hundreds of people heard and responded to the gospel in Sri Lanka I returned home to get ready for the next month of events.






Hatton Sri Lanka
click the picture for a larger version.
Pastor Romey (Cebuano) and I bunked
in the bungalow under the falls.





It is always odd returning to the US after a lengthy trip. Well it has been a weird week since I got home from this latest trip to Thailand and Sri Lanka.

Not because of jet lag or the other normal reasons. This time it is because since I have gotten back, in just one short week, my step mother's cousin was murdered along with his wife and 25 others by a terrorist in Sri Lanka and a place I visited just 4 days before was the scene of a deadly protest in Bangkok. That along with all the speak of us being on the verge of the second great depression has made for an unusual transition back to "real life".

It is weird for many reasons. It just serves to remind me how many people in this world live in the constant state of tragedy. As messed up as it gets in the US we still have it way better than places like Sri Lanka and Thailand right now!

Brian


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a great video! I had forgotten how exuberant the Sri Lankan people were at worship services!! thanks for reigniting that memory for me. Actually, you've gotten me thinking about all my travels.. it's been a while since I spent time revisiting those memories - thank you! I had kind of pushed it to the back of my mind, just how blessed I was to see all the places that I went to